Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Lavender...who knew?

I am preparing for a Lavender Festival this weekend, I am scheduled to give a short demo and have been researching the qualities and uses for this amazingly versatile plant.  I am really impressed.  I hope you can come out to join  me in the festivities, in case you can't though I thought I would just throw a few tidbits here for your pleasure...enjoy!



  • use dried lavender for decor- a wreath, bedside bouquet, fragrant sachet...
  • use fresh lavender next to your bed to sleep better at night...
  • make hot or cold tea, lavender lemonade, lavender chocolate desserts of all forms, herbal additions for cooking...
  • use lavender essential oil for aromatherapy, in healing remedies, for soothing bug bites, in beauty treatments and spa products...
  • lavender in candles creates a beautiful fragrant atmosphere while soothing moods and inspiring peace...
  • use crushed dried lavender in closets to deter moths or silverfish, use lavender essential oils with others to create a wonderful insect repellent...
I could go on, all you have to do is do a web search and you could spend hours finding more ideas for using lavender.  I will leave you with a quick list of purposes for using lavender in beauty or personal products then I look forward to your visit this weekend at the Lavender Festival .  


Lavender effects:
  • promote a healthy scalp, heal dandruff, cause hair growth and bring restoration...
  • heal acne, sooth irritated skin, reduce inflammation...
  • create calming effect, relieve headaches and stomach discomfort...         
  • an analgesic, anti depressant, and antiseptic ingredient in many remedies. 




So may your weekend be filled with wonderful natural fragrance, take care...

BettyK

No comments:

Post a Comment