Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Soft Silky Hair can happen!


Soft and silky naturally beautiful hair can be yours... I believe we each have to just find what that is our hair specifically needs.  There are many factors that can cause us to experience dullness or unruliness in our hair: stress, poor diet, lack of sleep, weather and environmental affects.  How you keep your lifestyle will reflect in your appearance.  I want to help you find the reflection of the most natural beautiful and fresh you there is to show.  I hope my shampoo comes to be something that works for you.

Several years ago I went through attempting to develop a natural shampoo and conditioner for my own hair.  What I made worked on some people, and absolutely not on others, myself included.  I so wanted to have something that would work for everyone and be safer, contain no SLS (explanation of SLS), and be economical as well.  I gave up after a while, offered the recipe I used to make but made sure only those I knew it would work for purchased it, and admitted it was something I couldn't use myself.  After I moved from Pennsylvania I set the recipe to rest and didn't offer or use my own natural shampoo or conditioner.



But the story didn't end there...today I have not only found a way to create a fantastic shampoo and conditioner, I have been using it myself for months and am amazed by the results, even my grey wiry hair has softness and luster like it never had before!  I have developed a shampoo with rosemary essential oil and other lovely ingredients that cleans thoroughly, but gently, and smells fantastic!  I have also created a conditioner that moisturizes and repairs as well as protects from the heat and everyday stressors that can cause damage.

I have been washing only sporadically for a long time now, I realized early on that the 'lather, rinse, repeat' mantra we were told is not necessary and actually can strip your hair.  So I wash 2-3 times a week and when I do wash my hair I usually only need 1 wash- not 2.  I follow this wash with a good coat of conditioner soaking into my hair, especially the ends, then a rinse off.  When I am going to head out into the sun, using a blow dryer or straightener, or just feel my hair needs a little nourishment- I rub a pea size mount into my hands and run my fingers through my hair evenly distributing the little bit the coat and sooth my tresses.

I have been making a few fragrances for this conditioner because people can have some strong preferences when it comes to aroma.  I offer peppermint, a citrus blend and now lavender.

I have seen success with young hair, older hair (like mine-totally grey), thick and wavey, soft and straight...I look forward to you trying this out and letting me know what you think.  I will be at the Los Ranchos Growers and Arts & Craft  Market this saturday, or order here online at my ETSY shop:  Shampoo & Conditioner

So, that's my post for today, please feel free to contact me with any questions,I appreciate feedback as well.  Take care and remember to

Think Natural!

BettyK

















No comments:

Post a Comment