Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Our skin and the sun, the good the bad and the ugly of it all.

Many of us, when we were younger and unaware, spent too much time in the sun.  Many of us used things like baby oil (eek!) to produce a more intense effect from the sun while we laid out day after day in the summer time.  Many of us used tin foil or foil blankets as reflectors while we caught as many of those golden rays as we could.  We wanted to be bronze in the summer, it was the evidence of a fantastic summer when we were younger.  I admit it, I was guilty of each of these practices.

Fast forward to today, we realize that there are such dangers in what we did.  Many who are now in their mid forties and above have had at least one suspicious mark removed from their body.  Mine was a white spot on the tip of my nose that I just thought was a wart or something.  It was embarrassing so I went just for it to be cosmetically removed, I had no idea that it was a concern.

I had that removal and the reality check several years ago now.  Since then I have read up so much more on what effect over exposure to the sun has on us, as well as the scary things out there offered as 'protection' in the harmful ingredients in the sunscreens on the market.  Because I did not like the options I had, I began to think...what if I could make something that would work but be nutritious for my skin at the same time?

If you read my earlier post you realize that I did come up with something, a fabulous sun screen.  It has bees wax and coconut oil, vitamin E and avocado oil, sunflower oil and castor oil...each of which helps zinc oxide in shielding us from the sun.  The bees wax also makes it water resistant so you can swim and it should protect you even when wet.  As I stated in my earlier post though I had tried to cut some corners and used the wrong coconut oil and made a bad batch.  I have learned from that, which is the best thing to happen from mistakes - learn.  I feel bad that I did not have my best product at the market I was at in Los Ranchos, but I look forward to having some amazing bottles of this wonderful stuff when I get the new batch of the right coconut oil I ordered recently.  I look forward to you trying it, it really does nourish your skin, and my husband I did not get burnt after using it ourselves, and I got great feedback from other users.

In the meantime, though having wonderful products to use, being wise and not attempting to bake ourselves like we did before we knew better are good things- we should still be on the lookout.  Do you understand what to look for and why when it comes to skin cancer and issues of such?

If you would like to be aware as well as know how to go from here check out this website:

SkinCancer.org Helpful Information

and this link will be great to inform you on ingredients as well as details about sunscreen you often don't hear:

CNN sunscreen report

So, here's to safe, healthy, natural summer fun....

Stay Natural!

BettyK








No comments:

Post a Comment